Saturday, October 18, 2008

everyday life

nyc last weekend, hong kong now.

waking up at 4am to get water, i realize just how much traveling and time inspires different parts of my life. in new york, i try to live with my eyes open-- looking at everything, street corners, buildings, art, graffiti on the walls, subway stations, people, window displays, restaurants, i could go on and go about new york. even the fashion, i even dress differently when i am in nyc than i am at home. then there is hong kong. my friends, my home... things are different here, but also the same in some strange way. the honks is strange in that it does not feel like home to me, but it does... or maybe i just am rejecting it because i do not want to see myself here at all. that i am not part of the culture. people here crave too many things. crave things in a society that makes things all too disposable. i want a life having been passionate and cherished... not without meaning, and i think what bothers me most about hk is that there is a loss of meaning in life here. it is all business sometimes, all about connections.
or am i just kidding myself?
who knows.
anyway, i am still happy to be in hong kong for the next two weeks. hooray to see people that i haven't seen in awhile and fabulous to see my close friends here that i love and inspire my life.
what insprires all of you?

xx

No comments: