Wednesday, October 15, 2008

vintage write up

about trace, my baby boutique fashion idea that i had. does anyone remember this? wow my "fashion" days.. where i wound blast my own music and hip hop la tunes and indie rock in the store. though i know no one knows, but i was the first to pop in on 9 ON LAN Street, which is now hit up with my fav store concepts/designers like BBC (the NERD pharrel & Rob Walker my boys), Ann Demeulemeester, Comme des Garçons, Maison MM, and of course, a hk outpost d-mop. i think in some ways, the street's become a little one of those destination lanes in hong kong that i would be glad to say that i def rocked out first. anyway, the best praise i have gotten, even over a best dressed write up in south china morning post. gotta love the shoutouts and respect from a bud.



from my lovely and always fashionable friend, dee poon!


I think that in the last year or two, somehow, little Hollywood starlets have become theoretical fashion icons and LA style has crept its way onto the scene. Again, LA is another conversation entirely, but for a taste of Cali, drop in through TRACE.Trace, by Tracy, channels LA gear (no pun intended) to Hong Kong. Tracy lives between LA and Hong Kong actually, and her store carries designers like Michelle Mason, Siwy, Johnson Shorts, lots of T-shirts (I personally like plain ones) and easy cotton jersey dresses. I love Trace cause I love Tracy. She was “not” my college roommate. We were supposed to live together, but we never did. She was the one who brushed her hair and wore real clothes to school (I used to go to school in my pajama’s). Scary but one of the things that drew me to Tracy was her Prada bowling bag—she used this as a bookbag? OK, enough reminiscing. Trace stocks trendy and fun clothes that are easy to wear and hard to find. Swing through to get a taste of Roberston Blvd.
Alright so now for my little indulgences. I know this is supposed to be about fashion but fashion extends beyond just clothes and so here is my laundry list of other places where you can buy things.





i am posting this because i also love dee, and now its back to promoting her new project in hong kong. a very cool and exciting project for that matter.


http://www.dysemevas.com/











please enjoy all you fashion people out there. remember, rock what you got.


xx

No comments: